Restaurants at a Glance
Mountain & Sea House
CEO and founder HO Yi-Chia is the granddaughter of tycoon HO Chuan, founder of the Yuen Foong Yu (YFY) conglomerate with interests, including organic farms, and three restaurants serving organic food. HO Yi-Chia created Mountain & Sea House to showcase Taiwan’s exceptional agricultural produce, fish and meats and to serve as a springboard for Taiwanese cuisine. Prior to opening the restaurant, Ho and her team spent almost a year researching and recreating dishes, and learning about local culture, customs and ingredients by interviewing elderly chefs, relatives, and family friends.
- Founded by HO Yi-Chia, granddaughter of tycoon Ho Chuan
- Showcases Taiwan’s exceptional local ingredients
- A heritage house of Taiwanese cuisine
Taiwanese cuisine is identifiably Min but with its own nuances. It is proudly, wholesomely home-cooking. Shin Yeh began 42 years ago in 1977 when LEE Xiu Ying fulfilled her dream of opening a small restaurant in a Taipei back alley. She was in charge of the kitchen. Starting with 11 tables Shin Yeh has since grown to 11 restaurants with several hundred tables offering mouthwatering Taiwanese cuisine. Behind this successful woman stands a little army of chefs.
- Taiwanese, similar to Min, cuisine but with its own nuances
- Started by LEE Xiu Ying in 1977 in a Taipei back alley
- Shin Yeh has grown to 11 restaurants in Taiwan